mercredi 4 février 2015
NS Cobra X vs Ripsaw X
Posted on 22:12 by Immigration
d
A little bit about me:
6' 190 lbs.
Size 12.5 boots
Skills: advanced
Riding: East coast/might be moving to CO soon...
Style: All mountain freestyle, TREES, side hits, resort pow, no park, some carving on great days, getting more into hiking for pow
Current blades: NS Proto CTX 155 w/Rome Targas, Capita BSOD 162 w/Burton Cartels
Boots: Burton SLX
Let me first start by saying that I love both the boards I already have. I grew up on longer stiff directional boards so I feel right at home on the BSOD and I got the Proto to have some more fun with playful ground tricks and quick turns through the trees and I love the true twin shape for 180s & such.
Lately, I find myself riding the proto more and more in all conditions, but I know that's not what it's meant for. Since I work on-snow, I also feel like both are breaking down a little after 300+ days so this purchase could be a little bit of future proofing as well.
Basically what I want is a better board for resort powder days that I can also ride around the resort and play on side hits and pop ollies and 180s. I want something that floats well and loves tight chutes and low angle deep snow, dropping a few small cliffs and really charging home at the end of the run. I love the hybrid camber and flex on my Proto but it's too short and soft to ride in more than a couple inches of powder, and I feel like even with a setback stance on the Capita, it doesn't float like I want it to because of the camber.
Looking at NS and Jones here. I've got killer deal (<$300) lined up for either a Cobra X or Ripsaw X, but I'm a little torn - From what others here are saying it seems like Ripsaw is a juiced up version of the Proto. And I know everyone has a boner for the new camber. I'm not scared of camber, but does it float? The Cobra looks solid, but I've read the flex is too soft and similar to a Proto. For Jones, I'd be looking at the Flagship or Hovercraft. Full retail there though...
Which one would you guys pull the trigger on? Thanks for any advice!
6' 190 lbs.
Size 12.5 boots
Skills: advanced
Riding: East coast/might be moving to CO soon...
Style: All mountain freestyle, TREES, side hits, resort pow, no park, some carving on great days, getting more into hiking for pow
Current blades: NS Proto CTX 155 w/Rome Targas, Capita BSOD 162 w/Burton Cartels
Boots: Burton SLX
Let me first start by saying that I love both the boards I already have. I grew up on longer stiff directional boards so I feel right at home on the BSOD and I got the Proto to have some more fun with playful ground tricks and quick turns through the trees and I love the true twin shape for 180s & such.
Lately, I find myself riding the proto more and more in all conditions, but I know that's not what it's meant for. Since I work on-snow, I also feel like both are breaking down a little after 300+ days so this purchase could be a little bit of future proofing as well.
Basically what I want is a better board for resort powder days that I can also ride around the resort and play on side hits and pop ollies and 180s. I want something that floats well and loves tight chutes and low angle deep snow, dropping a few small cliffs and really charging home at the end of the run. I love the hybrid camber and flex on my Proto but it's too short and soft to ride in more than a couple inches of powder, and I feel like even with a setback stance on the Capita, it doesn't float like I want it to because of the camber.
Looking at NS and Jones here. I've got killer deal (<$300) lined up for either a Cobra X or Ripsaw X, but I'm a little torn - From what others here are saying it seems like Ripsaw is a juiced up version of the Proto. And I know everyone has a boner for the new camber. I'm not scared of camber, but does it float? The Cobra looks solid, but I've read the flex is too soft and similar to a Proto. For Jones, I'd be looking at the Flagship or Hovercraft. Full retail there though...
Which one would you guys pull the trigger on? Thanks for any advice!
NS Cobra X vs Ripsaw X
Categories: NS Cobra X vs Ripsaw X
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire