jeudi 8 janvier 2015
Burton Nug flying V 150 + size 12 burton rampant
Posted on 14:48 by Immigration
d
Hi!
I think my board might not be wide enough for my size 12's...
The guy who sold me my gear told me he also wore a size 12 and enjoyed the board very much. When I went to the store I was actually only going in to buy boots, but ended up buying everything after talking to the people working there for a bit. The board was actually on my shortlist before I heard of the store, I didn't know they'd have it for sale there (at a decent price aswell) and the employee and his friend, who was there to get his own board prepped for his trip, convinced me to just go for it. Problem : I didn't really doublecheck the overhang before I got home and now I'm a little worried.
specs :
BOARD SIZE 150cm
RUNNING LENGTH 900mm
WAIST WIDTH 255mm
SIDECUT DEPTH 16.5mm
SIDECUT RADIUS 6.2m
STANCE WIDTH 530mm
NOSE WIDTH 287.9mm
TAIL WIDTH 287.9mm
EFFECTIVE EDGE 1075mm
STANCE LOCATION 0
riding regular,centered, currently @ 15° - -7°
I think i'm fine for toe overhang at about 14mm
But I'm worried about the heel at 34mm
Now, I've read that the Burton boots footprint is 1 size smaller than others (something with the curve of the heel/tip i guess?) and the nug is supposed to be somewhat of a special board, being about 10cm shorter than what it feels like and has a small sidecut radius which would make it slightly better for bigger boots (or is this a lie? couldn't find confirmation on this) , but it still looks kinda iffy to me.
I haven't tested it yet, figured I'd might have to return it before damaging it. Maybe some of you have more experience with this and could help me out with my next step. Here are some pics:








Should I keep it this way or will it be a problem ?
I think my board might not be wide enough for my size 12's...
The guy who sold me my gear told me he also wore a size 12 and enjoyed the board very much. When I went to the store I was actually only going in to buy boots, but ended up buying everything after talking to the people working there for a bit. The board was actually on my shortlist before I heard of the store, I didn't know they'd have it for sale there (at a decent price aswell) and the employee and his friend, who was there to get his own board prepped for his trip, convinced me to just go for it. Problem : I didn't really doublecheck the overhang before I got home and now I'm a little worried.
specs :
BOARD SIZE 150cm
RUNNING LENGTH 900mm
WAIST WIDTH 255mm
SIDECUT DEPTH 16.5mm
SIDECUT RADIUS 6.2m
STANCE WIDTH 530mm
NOSE WIDTH 287.9mm
TAIL WIDTH 287.9mm
EFFECTIVE EDGE 1075mm
STANCE LOCATION 0
riding regular,centered, currently @ 15° - -7°
I think i'm fine for toe overhang at about 14mm
But I'm worried about the heel at 34mm
Now, I've read that the Burton boots footprint is 1 size smaller than others (something with the curve of the heel/tip i guess?) and the nug is supposed to be somewhat of a special board, being about 10cm shorter than what it feels like and has a small sidecut radius which would make it slightly better for bigger boots (or is this a lie? couldn't find confirmation on this) , but it still looks kinda iffy to me.
I haven't tested it yet, figured I'd might have to return it before damaging it. Maybe some of you have more experience with this and could help me out with my next step. Here are some pics:
Should I keep it this way or will it be a problem ?
Burton Nug flying V 150 + size 12 burton rampant
Categories: Burton Nug flying V 150 + size 12 burton rampant
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire