vendredi 2 janvier 2015

Private lessons (2 people) with varying skill levels?

d
I want to get my girlfriend and myself a lesson at the local hill (Wachusett). She is brand new to the sport, 2 days out so far. She's not bad, she's not good, she's not really anything. I've tried to teach her the basics myself but I am not a qualified instructor. So far she can stand on the board and make it down the bunny without killing herself, but she has little to no real control over her board (147 Flow Elation), and I'd really like to get her a lesson to learn how to initiate her edges and link turns.



Wachusett offers private group lessons for $60/person for an hour, plus the cost of lift tickets.. so, pretty steep pricing. I also want to take a lesson as I have a lot of bad habits from being self-taught and figured that as long as she's on the bunnies learning, I might as well try to re-learn all the things I do wrong. I am still a beginner as well, though I've been doing it for about 6 years I probably have less than 50 days still. I need to learn how to stay aligned with my board more (I tend to open up towards the front of the board and twist my knee to hell) and how to better initiate toe-side turns (they intimidate me and I end up forcing/skidding them most of the time).



So how does that work? Given that it's only an hour and I'd like to see her at least progress enough to get off the bunnies (I can only ride up the rope-tow so long before I kill someone), I don't want to get in on the lesson if it will take away from her time with the instructor. I also don't want to pay $60 for myself to learn how to do a falling-leaf. Is it better to just get her a lesson and do some laps solo for her hour? Should we get separate instructors? Not sure how to proceed.



Looking for any advice from people that know more about lessons than I do.





Private lessons (2 people) with varying skill levels?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire